Access Denied error when tapping a share
Follow these steps to change access rights on a shared folder:
- Start the 'System Preferences' App
- Select 'Sharing'
- From the 'Services' list on the left, click 'File Sharing' (which should be ticked)
- Choose the shared folder from the 'Shared Folders' list
- To add a user, click + under the 'Users' list and choose your account
- Change permissions from 'Read Only' to 'Read & Write' to allow remote file changes
- If you still can't access files in the folder, right-click the folder in the 'Shared Folders' list
and select 'Apply Permissions to Enclosed Items'