FileBrowser will show a popup error when you tap on a folder
and your user account doesn't have access rights to the content.
To find and change the permissions set on any folder:
- Locate the folder in a Finder window
- Right-click the folder and click 'Get Info'
- Scroll down the column and expand the 'Sharing and Permissions' section
- If you need to make changes, click the padlock icon
- You can add users and set access rights by clicking +, selecting a user and then changing permissions
- You can force all files and sub-folders to have the same access right by clicking the gear wheel icon and selecting 'Apply to enclosed items'