Unknown username or password
This error message usually means that the user name and password don't match
with one on your Windows Vista computer.
To check your user name in Windows Vista, use the following steps:
- Launch "Control Panel" via the Windows Start menu.
- Click "User Accounts" (if the item is called "User Accounts and Family Safety",
click that and then click "User Accounts").
- The window that appeared should have a title of "Make changes to your user account".
The user account you are currently accessing is shown on the right.
The first line is the username. If this is not the one you want to log in as, click
"Manage another account" and select another.
We recommend choosing one that has "Administrator" written under it.
Enter this first line into FileBrowser's "Username" field.
- If the account you have chosen does not say "Password protected" under it,
then it has no password. You need to click the "Create a password" option.
Having a password will mean that you will need to enter it each time you
boot your Windows PC.
- Enter this password into FileBrowser
(but be careful when typing it because it is case-sensitive).
At work, you will probably connect to a machine in a Windows Domain.
You will need to prepend the user name with a domain name like this:
Note that you need to use a single back-slash character between the
domain and user names.