There are two things you can try if connecting to a Windows 7 machine gives this error.
This switch is in FileBrowser's machine configuration page for each machine.
Try connecting with the switch first OFF then ON because occasionally Windows 7 requires
FileBrowser to use the NetBIOS protocol.
Re-install File Sharing
Use the following steps to re-install Windows File and Printer Sharing.
- Launch Control Panel, then "Network and Sharing Center".
- Click "Change adapter settings" in the left-hand panel.
- Right-click on "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties".
- If "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" is listed, select
it, then click Uninstall. Then click Close, right click on "Local Area
Connection" again and choose Properties again.
- Click "Install...".
- In the popup window, Select "Service" and click "Add...".
- The Window that pops up should have "File and Printer Sharing for
Microsoft Networks" listed. Select it and click OK.
- Click Close.
- Reboot your computer.