Server rejected blank password error message for Windows Vista
This error message means that you need to use a password to log in remotely on Windows Vista.
To set a password, or choose a user who has a password, use the following steps:
- Launch "Control Panel" via the Windows Start menu.
- Click "User Accounts" (if the item is called "User Accounts and Family Safety",
click that and then click "User Accounts").
- The window that appears should have a title of "Make changes to your user account".
The user account you are currently accessing is shown on the right.
The first line is the username. If this is not the one you want to log in as, click
"Manage another account" and select another.
We recommend choosing one that has "Administrator" written under it.
Enter this first line into FileBrowser's "Username" field.
- If the account you have chosen does not say "Password protected" under it,
then it has no password. You need to click the "Create a password" option.
Having a password will mean that you will need to enter it each time you
boot your Windows PC.
- Enter this password into FileBrowser
(but be careful when typing it because it is case-sensitive).