How to find your computer name in Windows XP
- Launch Windows Explorer.
- In the left-hand pane, find the "My Computer" node.
- Right-click it and choose "Properties".
- In the window that appears, left-click the "Computer Name" tab. You should now have a window that looks like the following.
- The text ringed in red is your computer name, up to but not including the first dot character. So from the example, this is "computer3".
- This will be the text to enter in FileBrowser's "Computer Name" field.
Back to main